We’re delighted to announce the creation of the ESADE Alumni Senior Club intended for alumni aged around 60 and now entering a phase in life that should be regarded as the start of a new career and can be addressed in many quite different ways.
Josep Mateu, president of the RACC, will be the keynote speaker at this event with his talk, “The transformation of mobility: challenges and opportunities. He will examine the changes taking place in personal mobility as a result of innovative technology and society’s increasing environmental awareness. He will outline the challenges facing cities and their inhabitants including senior citizens, with a view to promoting safe and sustainable mobility.
Welcome and introduction
Xavier Sanchez (Lic&MBA 97 / AMP 08), director of ESADE Alumni
Josep Mateu, President of the RACC
Chaired and closing remarks by:
Juan Manuel Peña (Lic&Master 71), president of the ESADE Alumni Senior Club
BSc in economics and business studies (Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona) and MBA (IESE, 1978).
The posts occupied prior to joining the RACC in 1995 include:
- CEO of the logistics and transportation company DATSA
- CEO of Telepromotion & Direct Marketing
- CEO and country manager for Spain in the Australian urgent transport and logistics multinational, TNT Express Worldwide.
Josep was appointed president of the RACC in July 2015. He had been the CEO and managing director of the company and its group since 1995 and vice president of the board since 2012. In parallel with his work in the club, he has also been:
- President of GEBTA Spain (Guild of Business Travel Agents) in 2005 and 2006.
- President of GEBTA Europe in 2006.
- Board member of HDI (Hannover International Spain – insurance and reinsurance).
- President of Autoclub Chile 2007 - 2014. Currently vice president of this association.
- Board member of Agrupación. Currently.
- Board member of ACM España SANO (Assurances du Crédit Mutuel). Currently.
Winner of the 2001 Director of the Year award presented by the AED (Spanish managers’ association).